Smith & Wesson Model 627 Pro Series 357 Magnum 4-inch
- SKU: 178014
- Model: 627
- Caliber: .357 Magnum®, .38 S&W Special +P
- Capacity: 8 Rounds
- Barrel Length: 4” / 10.2 cm
- Front Sight: Interchangeable
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Overall Length: 9.75” / 24.8 cm
- Weight: 41.2 oz / 1,168.0 g
- Frame Size: Large – Exposed Hammer
- Action: Single/Double Action
- Grip: Synthetic
- Material: Stainless Steel Frame, Stainless Steel Cylinder
- Finish: Matte Stainless Magnum 4-inch
- The Smith & Wesson 627 Pro Series is an all stainless steel full-size revolver that is chambered in 357 magnum. It’s not your average revolver though, this gun holds 8-shots, which is very impressive. Is the 627 Pro Series the ultimate revolver? Let’s take a look.Magnum 4-inch
6 SHOTS? 7 SHOTS? HOW ABOUT 8 Magnum 4-inch
Most wheel guns have 6 round cylinders and that has been the standard for quite some time. Smith & Wesson definitely changed the game when they introduced the 627 Pro Series.
The 627 Pro Series is built on Smith’s N-frame. This frame is usually for revolvers chambered in 44 magnum. Using this size frame allows the 627 to hold 8 rounds of 357 magnum.
There aren’t currently any speed loaders that will work for this revolver that I am aware of, however, they do make Moon Clips. Smith includes two of the moon clips in the box with the 627.
THE 627 PRO SERIES TRIGGER
The trigger pull is unbelievable on this gun compared to other revolvers. The heavy double-action squeeze is what people have come to accept when shooting them. The 627 has made a huge improvement when it comes to revolver triggers
the double action is still heavy compared to semi-autos however it is very smooth and consistent. It is easy to shoot and still maintain accuracy when firing double action.
The single-action is where the 627 Pro Series really stands out. The weight of the single-action pull has been reduced and it feels like a custom aftermarket trigger. It is light and it is hard to miss when firing single action.
The hammer has also been enlarged and this makes it very easy to cock the hammer back, even while wearing gloves.