Ruger Precision Rimfire 22WMR
Ruger Precision Rimfire 22WMR
Introducing the 22 WMR model of the Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle, along with the new BX-15 Magnum magazine. Faster, flatter and with high-performing bullets, .22 WMR cartridges expand the capabilities of the Ruger Precision Rimfire platform. Like its .22 LR predecessor, this new magnum offering maintains the same ergonomics, trigger and manual of arms as the larger centerfire Ruger Precision Rifle.
The Ruger Precision Rimfire’s molded, one-piece chassis and adjustable buttstock assembly are manufactured from strong glass-filled nylon, offering a solid foundation for accuracy. The innovative Quick-Fit Precision Rimfire stock allows the rifle’s length of pull and comb height to be quickly and easily adjusted for proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear and shooting positions.
The 18″ cold hammer-forged target barrel features ultra-precise rifling for excellent accuracy and a 1/2″-28 muzzle thread pattern for easy pairing with muzzle devices, including the Ruger® Silent-SR®. The 15″ free-float handguard with Magpul® M-LOK® slots provides generous scope clearance and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories. Additionally, Big-Gun bolt throw adjustment technology allows shooters to experience the long bolt throw of a centerfire cartridge, like 6.5 Creedmoor, improving the Ruger Precision Rimfire’s capabilities as a training rifle.
The popular Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger can be externally adjusted from 2.25 to 5 pounds with the adjusting wrench that is conveniently stored in a buttstock compartment on the rifle. Ruger’s own AR-pattern pistol grip and safety selector allow for maximum control and access to the 45 degree, reversible safety selector. The rifle is topped with a 0 MOA Picatinny scope base and ships with one, 15-round BX-15 Magnum magazine.
- Molded, one-piece chassis and adjustable buttstock assembly are manufactured with glass-filled nylon for strength, stiffness and stability, making a solid foundation for accuracy each and every shot. Adjustable buttstock features a flat Picatinny bag rider making it easy to affix a rear monopod. A molded-in window provides a tether point for your squeeze bag, and a metal QD pocket makes it easy to secure a sling
- Quick-Fit adjustable Precision Rimfire stock allows length of pull and comb height to be quickly and easily adjusted to get proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear and shooting positions. Indicating marks molded into the chassis help you quickly return to a previous position.
- Big-Gun bolt throw adjustment enables shooters to change from a rimfire 1-1/2” bolt throw to a short-action centerfire 3” bolt throw, reducing the chance of short-stroking your bolt in competition.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger has a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 pounds; adjusting wrench is stored in a buttstock compartment.
- Ruger’s own AR-Pattern pistol grip and safety selector incorporates an extended reach for maximum control and access to the 45 degree, reversible safety selector. May be configured with most AR-style grips and selectors.
- Anodized 0 MOA Picatinny scope base makes it easy to mount and zero optics.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation (same as the Ruger Precision Rifle®).
- 15″ free-float handguard is made of hard black anodized aluminum and features Magpul® M-LOK® slots on all four sides, for improved scope clearance and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
- 18″ target barrel is cold hammer-forged from 1137 alloy steel to create ultra precise rifling for excellent accuracy. Barrels can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Threaded barrel (1/2″-28) for standard muzzle accessories, like the Silent-SR® suppressor, comes with a factory-installed thread protector covering both the threads and crown.
- Accepts Ruger® magnum rimfire magazines, including the JMX-1 rotary magazine and the BX-15® Magnum magazine.
- Also includes: one, 15-round BX-15® Magnum magazine.
- Model Number: 8404
- Caliber: 22 WMR
- Stock: Quick-Fit Precision Rimfire Adjustable
- Capacity: 15
- Barrel Length: 18″
- Overall Length: 35.13″ – 38.63″
- Grip: AR-Pattern
- Handguard: Free-Float With Magpul® M-LOK® Slots
- Handguard Finish: Hard Black Anodized
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Length of Pull: 12″ – 15.50″
- Sights: None-Rail Installed
- Barrel: Threaded Cold Hammer-Forged 1137 Alloy Steel
- Weight: 6.8 lb.
- Twist: 1:14″ RH
- Grooves: 6